Saturday, August 10, 2013

August 3, 2013 - Basic Pie Dough

This update will be short and sweet.  We were out to eat one night and my dad saw the restaurant had Shoofly Pie on the menu for dessert.  He then started to reminisce about a Lemon Shoofly Pie he had eaten before.  Of course, I took this as a hint of sorts and set to finding a recipe (I knew this wasn't a pie I would find in my book).  I found one, and decided I could still check off a recipe off my list:  Basic Pie Dough.  Basically, it was a matter of mixing some basic dry ingredients with some butter and shortening, balling it up and chilling for a bit. 



 
The crust really turned out great.  It was flakey and light, with a nice color once baked.  The pie itself turned out great, and my dad was very happy.  It was so good, in fact, I made another one 3 days later!

No comments:

Post a Comment