Saturday, August 10, 2013

August 8, 2013 - Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

The same night I was whipping up the Irish Brown Soda Bread for my fam, I figured I'd make a dessert quick too.  I had a bunch of peanuts, and looked for what I could do with that.  I had already made the Peanut Butter Cookie recipe, but I saw there was a variation.  The only thing better than a peanut butter cookie is one with some chocolate in it.  And that is exactly what I found with this recipe.


These are made identical to the peanut butter cookies, just with chocolate chips added in at the end with the ground nuts.  But wow, what an amazing addition that one simple ingredient is!

Yet again, this was a basic cookie recipe of whisk they dry ingredients, mix the sugar, butter and other ingredients (in this case, peanut butter), and then mixing them all together with some ground peanuts and chocolate chips.




















After the batter was mixed, the cookies were rolled up and flattened out with the fancy criss cross pattern.


These cookies were really awesome.  Yet again I loved the crunchiness of the peanut butter and chopped peanuts, mixed with the chewiness of the cookie.  Then, the combo of adding the chocolate chips just put them over the top.  Another winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment