Thursday, April 18, 2013

April 11, 2013 - Snickerdoodles

So I'll have to spend some time getting caught up (since I started by baking journey before my blog).  After the failure that was my Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies (more like burnt, flat and gooey sugar cookies), I needed to try something else.  I have a hard time baking something twice in a row if I doesn't come out the first time, but I have a feeling during the long process I will have to do that more than once!

So instead, I went with something pretty basic: Snickerdoodles.  I figured these would be a pretty basic and easy place to start (and they just so happen to be one of my mom's favorite cookies).  After mixing up the batter and rolling out the first tray full, they looked pretty decent.

 
I have to be honest though, after the Sugar Cookie incedent, I was a little nervous how these would turn out.  Luckily, they came out pretty awesome.  They were perfectly chewy and round, and had a great flavor.
 
 
My only issue with these cookies was the last tray full got a little flat.  As I learned quickly (again, with a little advice from the experts in my family), the dough got a little warm.  Won't make that mistake again!  I am pretty proud.  First recipe down, and it's a success.  Only 300+ more to go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment