Friday, April 19, 2013

April 19, 2013 - Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

So here we are, and I am finally caught up and live.  My sister, brother and law, nephew and myself were going to get some take out for dinner tonight.  So of course I needed to make something for dessert.  I didn't feel like taking a ton of time, so I went back to the "Cookies, Brownies, and Bars" chapter and went for a true American staple: Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.


Who doesn't love a chewy cookie of any type, but especially chocolate chip.  The batter was pretty straightforward, which was a nice, and quick to mix up.  The recipe also has you make pretty big cookies, so it was also nice to not be spending my whole night putting cookie trays in and out of the oven (yeah yeah, I have a really small oven!).


These cookies turned out delicious.  They had a great chewy texture and a great flavor.  As with many recipes in this book, there is always a base recipe (for example, in this case Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies), and then there are sometimes variations of that recipe (again, in this case Chocolate Chip Cookies with Coconut and Toasted Almonds, and Black and White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pecans).  After giving it some thought, I think my initial goal will be to make every base recipe first, then go back and start through the variations.  Seven recipes down, 343 more to go!


**I would also like to take this opportunity to give credit where credit is due.  95% of all of the amazing photos so far have been (and will continue to be) taken by my sister, with a few from my brother in law as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment