Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 30, 2013 - Peanut Butter Cookies

Well tonight I decided it was time to bake something with peanut butter.  A knew from looking before that there was a recipe for peanut butter cookies, so I settled on them.


The recipe was pretty basic cookie recipe, although I did have to make one modification.  I typically only buy unsweetened natural peanut butter, and in the description for this recipe it basically flat out says use the sweetened stuff.  But since I didn't have a choice I went for it with the natural.  The dough came out great and I rolled out the cookies and flattened them with the fork prong method.






















I think the smell of these cookies baking is awesome.  I love anything with peanut butter, so I have to admit these cookies are very very hard for me to pass up.  See here's the deal.  I really enjoy working out and trying to eat healthy, so thoughout this process I have been trying to do my best to not completely binge and eat everything I make (sweets and carbs are definitely a weakness of mine).  So far I've been doing good at this task, but tonight was definitely a challenge with these cookies.  While I did try a bite of one, I stayed strong and stopped with that bite!


The texture was great with a slightly crunchy outside and soft, chewy inside.  I'm sure that the flavor would have been a little sweeter with the other peanut butter, but to be honest I loved them just the way they came out with the natural butter.  So 17 recipes down and only a couple hundred more to go.  The journey has only begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment