Friday, April 19, 2013

April 13, 2013 - Chocolate Cream Pie

Like I said in my previous post, after my first two successes in the cookie family, I knew it was time to branch out a little bit.  I looked in my pantry to see what I had handy, and after glancing through the book I settled on Chocolate Cream Pie.  I had never really made any sort of pie before, but what better type to start with than one that has chocolate in it?! (although I must say, my favorite dessert in the world is fresh strawberry pie!). 


The other benefit to branching out to a pie was this:  I realized pretty quick that if I spent too much time baking things out of one recipe in the book, I would probably get really sick of making that type of thing (cookies, cakes, breads, you name it).  So this gave me a nice break from cookies and a chance to try something else.

 
Wow.  That's all I have to say about this recipe.  Talk about delicious.  The cream filling turned out perfect.  Great consistency and deep chocolate flavor.  When it came to the whipped cream topping I was going to try and get fancy and pipe it on, then I just decided to go all out and cover the whole dang thing with it.  Add a little chocolate shavings on top and it was just awesome.
 


This recipe is definitely a keeper, and something I will absolutely be making again (and again and again).  So far, this cook book has really impressed me, and only three recipes in and I feel like I've learned a ton!

No comments:

Post a Comment