Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013 - Fudge-Almond Macaroons

Who said I had to wait long to make one of the variations of the Almond Macaroons?  Since they were so quick to make the first time, I figured why not mix up another batch tonight.  I settled on the Fudge-Almond Macaroons.  And holy moly was I glad I did!


Basically, the only difference with these versus the Almond Macaroons being swapping out some of the almonds in exchange or Dutch-processed cocoa powder and a bit of salt.  The rest of the process was the same.  The end result is basically the same.  A crispy cookie on the outside with a softer, chewier middle.  But what a difference in the taste.


















A deep, dark chocolate flavor really goes so well with the almond, and I just can't get enough of the texture of these cookies.  I had never made any type of macaroon before this journey, let alone eaten many, but I can safely say they are definitely becoming one of my favorite cookies out there.


So I am 11 recipes in and I have already learned a lot and made multiple things that I never made before.  This is an exciting process, and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment