Saturday, April 27, 2013

April 27, 2013 - Chewy, Fudgy Triple-Chocolate Brownies

I felt like making some brownies today, so of course I took this as an opportunity to check another recipe off my long list and make the brownies out of the Baking Illustrated book.  I took a look at the recipe and it looked pretty basic and quick.  That's one of the nice things about brownies, mostly all recipes are pretty easy.

 
I thought this recipe was cool because it incorporated three different types of chocolate:  Semi Sweet, Unsweetened, and Cocoa Powder.  All three of these melted with butter and then whisked together was the start of this recipe.  Yes, the smell of that combination was incredible.
 
 
Whisk the melted chocolate into some whisked eggs, sugar vanilla and salt, stir in the flour and into the pan it went.  Literally, this recipe took about ten minutes to get in the oven.  Sometimes that's the best kind of dessert to make!

A quick stint in the oven and these bad boys were done (minus some cooling time before cutting).  There's something awesome about making a batch of brownies, and then diving right on in for a bite.  For me, that fudgy, chewy, rich chocolate flavor of a brownie is unbeatable.  They have always been one of my favorite desserts ever.  I can still remember going to my Grandma's house when I was little and she would always have fresh baked brownies...and they were always perfect.  I'm sure that's where my love for them came from, and every time I eat one they always make me think of her.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment